Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Keyman0090
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 am

Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Keyman0090 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:38 am

I am tired on being banned from channels by IRC Ops who abuse their power.

I am posting the text of the most recent ban I received and will be attempting to contact managment directly.

You can judge for yourself if I was out of line asking the question on #cisco

* Set by rs!~rs@valhalla.seastrom.com on Wed Jul 09 10:48:39
> Channel Modes: +stn
> Created on Wednesday, December 31st, 1969 at 7:00pm
<Keyman> If I am recently CCNA certified (Oct 2007) How does it work if I want to pursue becoming ASA specialist which now requires a CCNA security as a prereq
You were kicked by blaxthos (You just said CCNA. You == Bison.)
> Successfully joined #cisco on Wednesday at 10:19pm
* Topic is '<arp:#cisco> sorry, that was as dumbed down as I could make it. <arp:#cisco> I don't know of any "tcp/ip for amoebas" tutorials'
* Set by rs!~rs@valhalla.seastrom.com on Wed Jul 09 10:48:39
> Channel Modes: +stn
> Created on Wednesday, December 31st, 1969 at 7:00pm
You were kicked by m0crack (asa : ayzee says 'google it, like the rest of the world' : 17)
> Successfully joined #cisco on Wednesday at 10:19pm
* Topic is '<arp:#cisco> sorry, that was as dumbed down as I could make it. <arp:#cisco> I don't know of any "tcp/ip for amoebas" tutorials'
* Set by rs!~rs@valhalla.seastrom.com on Wed Jul 09 10:48:39
> Channel Modes: +stn
> Created on Wednesday, December 31st, 1969 at 7:00pm
<Keyman> no takers on that?
<@Prophet> do you work for yourself
<@Prophet> no matter
<@Prophet> do you have access to an ASA
<@Prophet> I award you: SPECIALIST title
<@Prophet> go forth and firewall now
Prophet sets mode: +b *!*what@*.static.oxfr.ma.charter.com
You were kicked by Prophet (firewall.)

Private Message Text

<Prophet> I am one
<Prophet> so whats up
<Keyman> oh good you are an IRC OP ... I will forward the log of my chat to the right people since you are abusing your power.
<Prophet> do it uppe
<Prophet> no abuse here
<Prophet> kicking you out of a channel im opped in
<Prophet> now
<Prophet> with that said
<Keyman> You kicked me for a bogus reason.
<Prophet> I may be an asshole
<Prophet> but
<Prophet> its not abuse by any means
<Keyman> Well that will be up to the people I forward it off to won't it?
<Prophet> now.. if i would have /killed you or klined you.. well then its abuse
<Prophet> well i say give it a shot
<Keyman> I am :)
<Prophet> thx!
User avatar
Prophet
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Prophet » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:01 am

1 word son. Google.

Joined #cisco
Asked questions.
No one cared
kicked multiple times.
Banned.

Please drive though.
---------------------------
irc.nac.net
Keyman0090
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Keyman0090 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:17 am

Yea I should have known that asking a question about Cisco in a #cisco channel would result in a kick ban.

You know... ten years ago #cisco was a good channel. There were helpful people in there.

Now its just a gathering of abusive people who don't deserve to be given the power they have.
Keyman0090
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Keyman0090 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:26 am

Oh by the way... kicked multiple times because they have auto kicks if you mention CCNA CCSP and other cisco acronyms.

Amazing!

Its rediculous that this kind of abuse is allowed to happen.
User avatar
Prophet
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Prophet » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 am

Here is the flaw in your argument. First off, irc channels are not mandatory help forums people can come in and troll. Your question was so simple it was ridiculous and honestly if you cant do some work and use Google properly, then you look like a fool and deserve the kick. The channel is not intended to be nor is it a help channel. We simply didnt want you there. Sorry if this hurt your feelings (which I am guessing it did, since you avoided the ban with 3 hosts and ended us having to +m the channel).
---------------------------
irc.nac.net
User avatar
munky
Site Admin
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ
Contact:

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby munky » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm

on some networks, ban evasion is a glinable offense

that being said, there is no such thing as abuse by channel ops. a channel op can kick and/or set any modes (including bans) they want. there is nothing requiring them to allow chat, help, or even people with the letter "d" in their nick into their channel. that is the privilege of being channel op.

rule #1 before asking anyone for help, www.justfuckinggoogleit.com. spend no less than 5 minutes on google before bothering someone else.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
Keyman0090
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Keyman0090 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:25 pm

I never said that it had to be a help channel. I never demanded that someone help me. I just asked a question in the channel.

There is nothing that can be talked about in the channel that can't be googled so the defense of the ban being that I was too lazy to Google it is absolutely ridiculous.

My initial behavior was in no way abusive, demanding, argumentative, disruptive, or outside the scope of what should be allowed in a channel.

It has become apparent that I am dealing with social outcasts. I see now that in order to deal with that fact you must puff out your chests and wield your power as if to say "Look at me, I am so powerful. I am god here and you shall conform to my demands."

I remain satisfied knowing that what made you this way will forever be a constant source of pain for you.
User avatar
Prophet
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Prophet » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 pm

I never said that it had to be a help channel. I never demanded that someone help me. I just asked a question in the channel.
And we kicked and banned you for it. Move on.
There is nothing that can be talked about in the channel that can't be googled so the defense of the ban being that I was too lazy to Google it is absolutely ridiculous.
You were asking for specific help on a specific topic. We kicked and banned you. Move on.
My initial behavior was in no way abusive, demanding, argumentative, disruptive, or outside the scope of what should be allowed in a channel.
So here is where I have a problem with you. You are using the word "initial" meaning that you in fact did eventually become abusive. You avoided the channel ban 3 times on different hosts. which are all now banned. You also proceeded to msg me all night, put tickets into NAC (which I closed) which is really in my opinion pretty hard core, ive never seen anyone go to this extreme over a channel ban.
It has become apparent that I am dealing with social outcasts. I see now that in order to deal with that fact you must puff out your chests and wield your power as if to say "Look at me, I am so powerful. I am god here and you shall conform to my demands."
IRC = SRS BUSINESS
I remain satisfied knowing that what made you this way will forever be a constant source of pain for you.
At least you learned something and took away some knowledge with this whole experience.
---------------------------
irc.nac.net
Keyman0090
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Keyman0090 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:06 am

Move on.
My answer to that is no. I won't move on.
So here is where I have a problem with you. You are using the word "initial" meaning that ... blah blah blah
No you had the problem when I asked my question and went overboard in banning me.
which is really in my opinion pretty hard core, ive never seen anyone go to this extreme over a channel ban.
I am just getting started. I'll start writing physical letters and mailing them certified. Some where I will find someone that will listen. I have done it before and I will do it again.
User avatar
Pills
Forum Admin
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:14 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Pills » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:02 am

*sigh* The law is that there is no law. Chanops can do whatever they want on the channel, end of story. That is how it is, and how it has been for the last 20 years.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
Keyman0090
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Keyman0090 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:51 am

That's because too many people feel that way. They just sit back an take it... over and over.

Everyone's attitude is "What can I do about it?" Well I say there is a lot that can be done about it. The first thing is to not sit there and take it. It doesn't matter if you win or loose just let them know that there will be a battle when they do wrong. That goes for everyone, not just IRCops.

I find it so ironic that these so called IRCops set the rules "no bots... not clones... no ban evasion no blah blah blah" yet when it comes to them "no rules apply".

If not so wrong Prophet, why close the ticket? Why not let it ride? I'll tell you why because you were dead wrong and I don't give up that easy.
User avatar
Pills
Forum Admin
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:14 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Pills » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:37 am

Keyman0090 wrote:That's because too many people feel that way. They just sit back an take it... over and over.

Everyone's attitude is "What can I do about it?" Well I say there is a lot that can be done about it. The first thing is to not sit there and take it. It doesn't matter if you win or loose just let them know that there will be a battle when they do wrong. That goes for everyone, not just IRCops.

I find it so ironic that these so called IRCops set the rules "no bots... not clones... no ban evasion no blah blah blah" yet when it comes to them "no rules apply".

If not so wrong Prophet, why close the ticket? Why not let it ride? I'll tell you why because you were dead wrong and I don't give up that easy.
Please show me something proving he was wrong besides your morals.
User avatar
munky
Site Admin
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ
Contact:

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby munky » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Keyman0090 wrote:That's because too many people feel that way. They just sit back an take it... over and over.

Everyone's attitude is "What can I do about it?" Well I say there is a lot that can be done about it. The first thing is to not sit there and take it. It doesn't matter if you win or loose just let them know that there will be a battle when they do wrong. That goes for everyone, not just IRCops.
but it's true, there is nothing you can do about it. you don't have a majority of the admin body, so you don't make network policy. you're not a chanop there, so you don't make channel policy. if you want to "do something about it", start your own irc network where users are required to help other users. maybe you can call it irc.is-serious.biz
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
Keyman0090
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Keyman0090 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:20 pm

No I think I would call it irc.respectable.net
Keyman0090
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 am

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Keyman0090 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:37 pm

Please show me something proving he was wrong besides your morals.
Does that really need to be done?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests