IRC question

Discussion of and help with popular IRC Clients.

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Software/IRC Clients Moderators

IRC question

Postby 4991 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:07 am

I use mIRC to communicate with my friends from a game, i did this op thing or what ever it is to get my pass, /msg q hello youremail@hotmail.com youremail@hotmail.com , but i didn't type in my email i just left it the "youremail", and now it wont let me redo it with my real email devilsgrasp@hotmail.com , the user name im trying to register it to is MixalisOwen, id appreciate any help with this, thanks.

Nick Wilkinson
devilsgrasp@hotmail.com
deww

Postby deww » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:42 am

Are you sure that you did this on EFNet? The IRC network this website is mostly for EFNet and the network itself does not have a nickname or channel registration service. There's no "Q" here for username registration.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:35 pm

sounds like quakenet to me
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.

Postby 4991 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:15 am

yeh its quakenet, i went to get help from the mIRC website, and they wouldn't accept emails from hotmail or gmail, and it said to come here.
wundr

Postby wundr » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:53 pm

MixalisOwen wrote:yeh its quakenet, i went to get help from the mIRC website, and they wouldn't accept emails from hotmail or gmail, and it said to come here.
The mIRC web site isn't the place to go, either. mIRC is a piece of software that you can use to connect to any IRC network - in fact, it is one of many pieces of software for many different operating systems that you can use to connect to IRC networks.

Your problem isn't caused by the mIRC software you are using. It is a problem with understanding exactly how the Quakenet IRC network registration procedure works. Quakenet is one of hundreds of different, unrelated, non-connected IRC networks. EFNet is also one of these networks; EFNet and Quakenet are not connected in any way, and therefore we don't have any idea how they do their registration procedures (EFNet has no registration at all, in fact). Therefore, probably the best place to get information is from Quakenet. Their web site is http://www.quakenet.org. It looks like they have a FAQ on there about their registration bot, Q. It is located at http://www.quakenet.org/faq/faq.php?c=1 .

Hope that clears things up a bit and I hope you can get your question answered.

Postby 4991 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:38 am

lol, before I can contact them about my account i need to make an account through quakenet........ I guess theres no redundancy, which means theres no redundancy, :p