Server linking

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

BrainRooT
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:39 pm

Server linking

Postby BrainRooT » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:44 pm

Hi..
How are the procedures (if it is possible) to link a server (from Portugal) to EFnet?

thanks

E.
User avatar
munky
Site Admin
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ
Contact:

Postby munky » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:11 pm

the old guidelines used to be ftp://ftp.blackened.com/pub/irc/new-ser ... elines.txt
but i believe things have changed since that was last in use.

iirc, new (US) servers must have a current admin that supports the it. i'm not sure on EU new server policies.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
seiki

Postby seiki » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:06 am

That url, munkaroo, is for new US server links, and it's current, or should be soon. It requires a vote on US admins to change/update it, which I believe Disciple is doing.

Since this proposed server is in portugal, he's going to want the EU application which is at: http://www.eu-efnet.com/

regards,
-seiki
Hardy
Site Admin
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway
Contact:

Postby Hardy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:21 pm

seiki wrote:That url, munkaroo, is for new US server links, and it's current, or should be soon. It requires a vote on US admins to change/update it, which I believe Disciple is doing.

Since this proposed server is in portugal, he's going to want the EU application which is at: http://www.eu-efnet.com/

regards,
-seiki
And just for the fun of it when we are talking about application forms to EFnet, this is the newly voted in and approved one for CA-EFnet: http://www.ca-efnet.org/ca-efnet-app.txt

Canada also wants to exspand, so if you have some bandwith let us know;)
-- Hardy
Administrator: irc.underworld.no
Services Administrator
http://www.efnet.org admin/staff
User avatar
deww
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:17 pm

Postby deww » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:49 pm

I think the links to all of these link apps to should be included in a FAQ somewhere. Once in a blue moon when a brave, but generous soul asks the question in #help, I don't know where to direct them, besides for the US one. I mean this thread works too, but a collective, single post might be a good idea too.
BrainRooT
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:39 pm

Postby BrainRooT » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:16 pm

Well, i read the file today.
It is very hard to have a dedicated server in Portugal. In our country, that is almost unreachable.
I can get a fast machine, located near Lisbon, Portugal, but it isn't dedicated. But i know personally all the server staff, so, there aren't security problems, i assure.

Who can I contact about this?
It would be fine to have a Portuguese server on EFnet, cause the nearest is *.fr, and the count of portuguese users going to EFnet is growing.

E.
Hardy
Site Admin
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway
Contact:

Postby Hardy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:42 am

BrainRooT wrote:Well, i read the file today.
It is very hard to have a dedicated server in Portugal. In our country, that is almost unreachable.
I can get a fast machine, located near Lisbon, Portugal, but it isn't dedicated. But i know personally all the server staff, so, there aren't security problems, i assure.

Who can I contact about this?
It would be fine to have a Portuguese server on EFnet, cause the nearest is *.fr, and the count of portuguese users going to EFnet is growing.

E.
Unless the server is dedicated, has atleast two underutilized OC3 ( 155mbit/s) links and has full support from the uplink/isp to link EFnet, it will not even be considerd.
-- Hardy
Administrator: irc.underworld.no
Services Administrator
http://www.efnet.org admin/staff
seiki

Postby seiki » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:02 pm

deww wrote: <snip>
...I think the links to all of these link apps to should be included in a FAQ somewhere....
<snip>
do it up, I'd love to see more content for our site.

I'm playing with the idea of a webform to generate new server apps.

-seiki
Hwy
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:27 pm

Postby Hwy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:20 pm

http://www.efnet.nl/links.php contains links to the US and EU server apps, as well as other potentially useful information.
sealie
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:22 pm
Location: Troms�, Norway
Contact:

Postby sealie » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:37 am

Hwy wrote:http://www.efnet.nl/links.php contains links to the US and EU server apps, as well as other potentially useful information.
That URL lacks of updated URL's and info.

We need to donkey punch Riedel!

- sealie
oper, efnet.demon.co.uk, efnet.port80.se & irc.efnet.nl
User avatar
munky
Site Admin
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ
Contact:

Postby munky » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:54 pm

http://www.efnet.info/?module=docs has (i believe) current apps, and if they aren't current each app has a link to its source.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
Jepp
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:50 pm

Postby Jepp » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:31 pm

if this person is still alive, when do you think you'll try to link the server up? i thnk it would be great to have something other than a .nl or .se server for european connections
People expect more from a kid named Jepp. Jepp's not just a name, it's an idea!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests