What "really" goes on

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

evil
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:18 pm

What "really" goes on

Postby evil » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:51 pm

A good example of the type "typical" ircop in my mind is when I see Webber sitting voiced in a channel that's full of drones and wreaking havoc on channels and does nothing about it.

So be it... :!: :!:
User avatar
lucy
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:22 pm
Location: graceland
Contact:

Postby lucy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:59 pm

maybe he's just idle atm and they voiced everyone....
dont be so quick to judge.
User avatar
Pills
Forum Admin
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:14 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: What "really" goes on

Postby Pills » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:57 pm

evil wrote:A good example of the type "typical" ircop in my mind is when I see Webber sitting voiced in a channel that's full of drones and wreaking havoc on channels and does nothing about it.

So be it... :!: :!:
Yes. We all have our own drone nets that we use to flood channels, and God forbid if we K:line any of them! The thousands of drones that are cleaned and K:lined daily are really just joining our huge IRCop drone army!

Seriously, if that's your typical view of an IRCop, you are a bit clueless.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
evil
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:18 pm

Re: What "really" goes on

Postby evil » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:18 pm

Pills wrote:
evil wrote:A good example of the type "typical" ircop in my mind is when I see Webber sitting voiced in a channel that's full of drones and wreaking havoc on channels and does nothing about it.

So be it... :!: :!:
Yes. We all have our own drone nets that we use to flood channels, and God forbid if we K:line any of them! The thousands of drones that are cleaned and K:lined daily are really just joining our huge IRCop drone army!

Seriously, if that's your typical view of an IRCop, you are a bit clueless.
Don't put words in my mouth. Go back and read it again and maybe YOU will get a clue.
User avatar
Pills
Forum Admin
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:14 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: What "really" goes on

Postby Pills » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:32 pm

evil wrote:
Pills wrote:
evil wrote:A good example of the type "typical" ircop in my mind is when I see Webber sitting voiced in a channel that's full of drones and wreaking havoc on channels and does nothing about it.

So be it... :!: :!:
Yes. We all have our own drone nets that we use to flood channels, and God forbid if we K:line any of them! The thousands of drones that are cleaned and K:lined daily are really just joining our huge IRCop drone army!

Seriously, if that's your typical view of an IRCop, you are a bit clueless.

Don't put words in my mouth. Go back and read it again and maybe YOU will get a clue.
*sigh*

Sarcasm is lost on some people.

Read my second sentence. I'm not kidding; there are some days where I see lists of a few thousand drones that are K:lined on every server, or otherwise cleaned. Just because you see ONE person doing nothing doesn't mean anything. Anyway, how do you know that that person isn't collecting the host names to send out? The fact is, you don't.

So, if I think that one luser doesn't have a clue about... math, let's say, that every luser can't multiply? Kind of silly to expand your views of 200+ people based on the perceived (in)action of one, no?

Another solution: if you thin that an IRCop is doing something wrong, report him to as admin. /admin ircopnick (or /admin irc.server.name) will get you the address. Remember to attach logs.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
User avatar
corrupt
Site Admin
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Danville, KY
Contact:

Re: What "really" goes on

Postby corrupt » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:56 pm

evil wrote:A good example of the type "typical" ircop in my mind is when I see Webber sitting voiced in a channel that's full of drones and wreaking havoc on channels and does nothing about it.

So be it... :!: :!:
A good example of a typical luser who doesn't know what the hell is going on is YOU. Don't be so quick to make assumptions on topics of which you know nothing about. Nobody wants to listen to you bitch - because, nobody cares. If you are going to bitch about something, at least do some research first kthnx.
Josh Baird
[corrupt]@EFNet
O: irc.choopa.net
evil
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:18 pm

Re: What "really" goes on

Postby evil » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:10 am

corrupt wrote:
evil wrote:A good example of the type "typical" ircop in my mind is when I see Webber sitting voiced in a channel that's full of drones and wreaking havoc on channels and does nothing about it.

So be it... :!: :!:
A good example of a typical luser who doesn't know what the hell is going on is YOU. Don't be so quick to make assumptions on topics of which you know nothing about. Nobody wants to listen to you bitch - because, nobody cares. If you are going to bitch about something, at least do some research first kthnx.
I did my research, I assumed nothing, I wouldn't have posted assumptions, I'm not posting all of my research here. This was not a one time thing, it has been going on for a period of time. What I posted are the facts, and since you spoke for the entire efnet community by saying "nobody cares" reinforces my point.
Webber
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:37 am

Re: What "really" goes on

Postby Webber » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:52 am

evil wrote:I did my research, I assumed nothing, I wouldn't have posted assumptions, I'm not posting all of my research here. This was not a one time thing, it has been going on for a period of time. What I posted are the facts, and since you spoke for the entire efnet community by saying "nobody cares" reinforces my point.
What research did you do? I would love to know. For starters the channel in question is #0dayvcd and yes when I came to my console I saw that it had been getting nick change flooded by some lamers drone net. But by this time one of the ops was banning them and I had other stuff I was doing so I couldnt take the time to try and make a list of the drones. Few comments: First I don't have to answer to some luser who has no clue, and second if you where present in the channel while this flooding was going on, why didn't you notify a oper on the servers that had said drones. Last but not least find something better to do with you're time then be concerned about me or any oper for that matter..
User avatar
munky
Site Admin
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ
Contact:

Re: What "really" goes on

Postby munky » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:49 pm

evil wrote:I did my research, I assumed nothing, I wouldn't have posted assumptions, ...
evil wrote:A good example of the type "typical" ircop in my mind is when I see Webber sitting voiced in a channel that's full of drones and wreaking havoc on channels and does nothing about it.
that sounds to me like an assumption that the "typical" ircop sits in channels full of drones and does nothing.
evil wrote:... and since you spoke for the entire efnet community by saying "nobody cares" reinforces my point.
how does nobody caring about your accusations about "typical" ircops reinforce your point about "typical" ircops? for one, most of the responses are from ircops, who know many more ircops, and therefor have a pretty good idea of what a "typical" ircops is. or maybe they even know enough that there isn't a "typical" ircop just as much as there isn't a "typical" user. so not caring about your baseless trolls trying to condemn one ircop for doing nothing visible to you (for all you know he was having operwall conversations or contacting drone hunters to stop the drones) is a natural response.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
User avatar
Auriga
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:29 am
Location: Canada

Re: What "really" goes on

Postby Auriga » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:17 pm

evil wrote:
corrupt wrote:
evil wrote:A good example of the type "typical" ircop in my mind is when I see Webber sitting voiced in a channel that's full of drones and wreaking havoc on channels and does nothing about it.

So be it... :!: :!:
A good example of a typical luser who doesn't know what the hell is going on is YOU. Don't be so quick to make assumptions on topics of which you know nothing about. Nobody wants to listen to you bitch - because, nobody cares. If you are going to bitch about something, at least do some research first kthnx.
I did my research, I assumed nothing, I wouldn't have posted assumptions, I'm not posting all of my research here. This was not a one time thing, it has been going on for a period of time. What I posted are the facts, and since you spoke for the entire efnet community by saying "nobody cares" reinforces my point.
Is webber not allowed to be AFK ever?
Can't he be allowed to run off and do something else in his life other then IRC?

Ever think that perhaps he was idle and did not see the flooders or whatever they were doing?

Please for a min ... give the guy a break. We're only human, and not gods. We dont have a 6th sence about evil doers on efnet, and if there was a problem and you found someone not fixing it, this is when you go and find someone active who will fix it?

You should think about being the one who finds the soloution to a problem, not being the one who complains about a problem.

Complaining now does not fix what happened to the channel.

Think about it.. like really...
Efnet Operator..
RIP *.qeast.net I'll miss you! :(
Auriga is qurves slave! (is a Forum moderator)
biggy
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:26 pm

Postby biggy » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:30 am

come now Auriga, we all know when you sign that dotted line to become an oper you sign away your right to ever go AFK, least admit to going away :P
i think too many ppl still take irc WAY too seriously, with most religating all free hours to chatting up friends online than irl. the most joyful time of my life was walking away from irc for over 3 months...why i came back i still have no clue :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests