[gd]blade

Re: Your EFnet wishlist

Postby [gd]blade » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 pm

* Why you are still on EFnet (or why did you leave) - <-------- am a pimp

* What would keep you from leaving - bints
Sassey

Postby Sassey » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 pm

I think I love phisher1 ... hes so sexy .. so I guess hes on my wishlist .. hahahah
phisher1

Postby phisher1 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Sassey wrote:I think I love phisher1 ... hes so sexy .. so I guess hes on my wishlist .. hahahah
I'm too sexy for my toothbrush. =7
NoodLy

Postby NoodLy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:11 am

* Been using EFnet since 2004
* I'm still on EFnet, because i like to stay online in some channels and I had a good sense from EFnet history
* Nothing, only ddos attack!
* Many ddos attack from packets kiddie, because some people don't have many money to pay a bnc account.
* Maybe NickServ, ChanServ, MemoServ, nickname@efnet.org free emails for users registred, http://bnc.efnet.org, +x ....
DJ Particle

Postby DJ Particle » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 pm

I've been on EFnet since March 1993 (in fact, there was a NickServ back then at "nickserv@services.de")
I still use it because the official chat room of Dementia Radio (.org, not .com) is hosted on it at #dementia :) not leaving anytime soon.

I've always wondered why the 9-character nick limit is still there. All the other IRC nets I have seen have abolished this limit. If EFnet abolished it, it would cut down on nick collisions.
phisher1

Re: chanfix

Postby phisher1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:46 pm

4524 wrote:I agree a better chanfix. Improve the scoring on chanfix to recognize bots over man ops.
So chanfix would have to store separate scores provided by a supposed trusted "owner" of a channel and keep track of these bots from shell company #295239 that may go down tomorrow.. only to have to redo all that the next day when new bots are added, old bots die, etc. This sounds like A LOT of work to achieve something that is basiclly already being done, just regardless of what kind of client is opd.. user client or bot.

Oh and... >>> 25022 channels formed ... Who is going to be the liaison for special scores for 25K+ channels ?
Then if a chan is taken over with a new botnet you can get it back.
This already works with the the current chanfix because the old botnet and the old users would have scores high enough to regain ops.
Or have a way for opers if requested can add special scores to chanfix for a chan. However this would require more work out of your ircops but thats their job right?
Opers are here to help maintain the servers and the connection of the servers to the rest of the network. The more opers are involved with individual channel affairs, the worse off it gets. There will always be users that will try to get opers to abuse the power they have for their own gain.. Chanfix allowed opers to disclude themselves from most channel affairs involving takeovers and opless channels.
Maybe instead of killing drones all day to keep their shell accounts for their botnets we can improve the way efnet works. No more worries about take overs.
I don't follow.. Who is killing drones all day to keep their shell accounts ? I do think though that the more human involvement, the worse off the network would operate. The odds of inappropriate acts due to favoritism automatically increase.

My $.02

(and wow, I can't believe this thread is still going)
mark02

Postby mark02 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:02 pm

This thread is hillarious. EFnet smackdown baby.
avarrin

Postby avarrin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:53 pm

+ How long have you been on EFnet?
I have been on EFnet since '94

+ Why are you still on EFnet (or why did you leave)
I am still on EFnet because I enjoy chatting with friends I have known for years. I left EFnet for a short period of time after I stopped being an oper (irc.cdc.net, irc.texas.net and irc.colorado.edu) because I was blessed with a son and needed to take time off for him.

+ What would keep you from leaving EFnet
I am in the initial process of getting an ircd setup and linked on the east coast.

+ What would make you leave EFnet (if implemented)
If David Galas (amm) were to start using EFnet again. I hate that prick, but no really... nothing could make me leave EFnet unless AndroSyn glined me ;p

+ What do you think would help attract more people to EFnet
Thats obvious... advertising. It works for everything else that we market in this world, why not IRC.

***** as for seiki's idea for halfops...halfops can be implemented on channels that are not moderated by using bots. There are many scripts which utilize the (+v) mode which will allow non-ops to kick users and set certian channel modes, but at the same time keep the half-ops from over-riding the full channel ops settings.
Michael Lee (aka avarrin)
Senior Systems/Security Administrator
Tisuko Networks
au-

Postby au- » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Hm, a server in Australia would be ideal.
au.
mezzu

Postby mezzu » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:51 am

IRC since mid 1990s
Efnet is my favorite
i have left and came running back alot
cant leave it...im addicted and a lifelong netizen
i wouldnt change a thing about Efnet personally

just need to make friends again as all my channels i had before are vacant.
im a wanderer in Efnet IRC now =^_^= but its all fine :D
Amy

Postby Amy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Why do people keep asking for services? If you want a service like nickserv/chanserv, you can find hundreds of carbon copy networks out there doing the same thing... not having services and having the 'old skool' feel/approach is what makes efnet what it always has been, and what it still remains today.
zMTz

Postby zMTz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:29 am

au- wrote:Hm, a server in Australia would be ideal.
I second this. If I had money i'd run it myself, but that ain't gonna happen.
Amy wrote:Why do people keep asking for services? If you want a service like nickserv/chanserv, you can find hundreds of carbon copy networks out there doing the same thing... not having services and having the 'old skool' feel/approach is what makes efnet what it always has been, and what it still remains today.
Services is never going to happen, so I don't know why people ask for it.