Recent drone flooding

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

evil

Recent drone flooding

Postby evil » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 am

Here is some information on the latest drone attacks. If you want to get rid or keep out most of them the following bans will work currently:

*!~?0*@*
*!~?1*@*
*!~?2*@*
*!~?3*@*
*!~?4*@*
*!~?5*@*
*!~?6*@*
*!~?7*@*
*!~?8*@*
*!~?9*@*

They are all proxies and are over 100 of them, they are being launched from a server that has the ip block from 72.20.24.65 - 72.20.24.99

It is a recent server that is being run by 2 people on irc, badlands and acidic are the nicks on efnet, they have a half developed web site that I won't post here that is being made for a future shell hosting company. They are currently using it to launch the drones and jupe nicks. At the time of this posting one of them is hiding behind a proxy and going into channels to flood. The current controlling nick being used is bra|n. I hope this helps anybody who reads it.
bads

Re: Recent drone flooding

Postby bads » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:04 pm

If this were true and you were really trying to help.. Why would'nt you complain to the owner of the data center, hosting provider, or isp being used to launch the drones? That would clearly be a violation of any TOS agreement. and would surely get the admin shutdown. can you show us logs of of the ip addresses you have mentioned causing you trouble? sounds like you have a bone to pick and have resorted to flaming on the efnet forum. i get attacked by a case of the killer drones once a month atleast. at most its a minor inconvenience and opers tend to handle it quickly and readily. relax it's only chat. forum flaming is so 1998.

badlands
evil

Re: Recent drone flooding

Postby evil » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:39 pm

You forgot to deny it.