Chanfix guidelines and #flirts

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

atawmic

Chanfix guidelines and #flirts

Postby atawmic » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Dear overworked EFNet admins:

While I don't understand the inner workings, or politics, behind how EFNet is run, I believe I have a decent understanding of the intent behind Chanfix and the guidelines that are intended to be followed.

On the date of 04/07/2008 I had an internal dispute regarding the channel #flirts. After being an operator in the channel for years, seeing people come and go, and consulting with others, I decided it would be in the best interest of the channel to reorganize and recreate the basic ruleset of the channel.

I was a noted high scoring operator within the channel (as was probably obvious by my comments above) and remained in the channel and opped during the reorganization process. Things were coming along smoothly and #chanfix was in agreement that this was an internal dispute.

Regardless of the agreement by all parties involved, Alien88 invoked Chanfix on #flirts. I understand that you're all busy, probably writing code or administering large networks as your day job. But, I'm just curious if anything can be done, and what your thoughts are on this.

Regards,
Phillip (atomic@efnet)
Sassey

Re: Chanfix guidelines and #flirts

Postby Sassey » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:31 am

For starters Phillip from efnet that channel of which you speak of has been around for 10+ years run by me (Sassey) and its not the first time you have taken it under the same circumstances. It all boils down to you not liking the way I happen to run things and who I op and who I allow to join and stay in the channel. You were given back your status after the first take over after I allowed myself to trust you which sadly was a mistake. As far as I'm concerned you had no right to do what you did and certainly have less right complaining about the outcome of the situation. This is IRC yes but to some extent it shows me the calibre of person that I'm dealing with. So in reply to your post you need to grow up.
atawmic

Postby atawmic » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:52 am

Even Sassey agrees that this was an internal dispute...

In the years that I was opped, I've never seen the current ops. This leads me to believe that they probably have even less of a score than I did.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:10 pm

i don't really care about your internal disupte. neither does chanfix. all we care about is the top scores have ops. top score is whoever has been opped the most (ie - connected and +o) for the most accumulated time in the last month. it doesn't matter if you've been in the channel 2 months or 10 years.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
atawmic

Postby atawmic » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Munky,

I had top score and Chanfix was invoked anyway. Now that it has been invoked, no one seems willing to acknowledge that it was wrong to do so, and nothing is being done about it. Is this standard practice?

Thank you,
Phillip (atomic@efnet)
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm

3 days of not being opped would not lower your score 3300 points, maybe 900, so no, you weren't the top op. assuming no other scores have changed, it would have placed you around 7th or 8th instead of 10th.
In God we trust,
atawmic

Postby atawmic » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:04 pm

Ah I see. So I wasn't top score, but I was one of the top ranked operators. Do you feel that Chanfix was invoked properly?
Sassey

Postby Sassey » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Dear Phillip or Other Concerned Parties:

This letter serves as a brief correction of Phillip’s very polite, but not wholly accurate, explanation of his channel takeover on April 7, 2008.

After reviewing the logs, it seems that the immediate trigger for the channel takeover by Phillip (user name atomic) was unappreciated criticism of a website he designed. I have asked a number of the long-term regular users whether they were previously aware of Phillip’s complaints regarding channel management. None were.

In addition, none of these users were consulted or supported his decision to “reorganize and recreate” the channel via takeover. Even the channel members who have sometimes been vocal critics of #flirts policy joined in the frustration and anger of the other regulars when Phillip abused his access to the owner’s bots and closed the room to us all. We are left wondering who the “others” are with whom he consulted.

This instance may be an internal dispute, but ultimately it is a personal one. Phillip does not speak on behalf of the majority of this channel. To the knowledge of this writer, he does not speak for any of us. Yet if enough #flirts users share his opinions, no doubt he can start a thriving alternative channel, rather than hijacking ours.

Most sincerely,
‘Regular #flirts chatter”

PS .. I think Chanfix might be over your whining now :)
atawmic

Postby atawmic » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:18 am

Thank you for pointing out yet again that it was an internal dispute.

The events that occurred on that day were the result of a harsh realization. I realized how much you had taken a good channel and turned it in to one full of trolls, which lacked any conversation with substance. Obviously I felt a reorganization of the channel was in order.
evil

Postby evil » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:51 am

When I read this it made me laugh. #Flirts ops are habitual offenders of the "no spam" policy on efnet. I have logs showing 2 of the #flirts ops (Sassey & TeamAimee) going in to other channels and spamming for #flirts. Strife in that channel can only be good thing in my opinion. :twisted:
TeamAimee

Postby TeamAimee » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:14 am

ZOMG!!!! HAY!!!!!!!!!!!111 ROLF

I am not sure if I am comfortable with 'habitual spammer'....I wouldn't say habitual, but evil, <3 to you regardless.

Efnet is a competitive place, lets be realistic! There are many chatters looking for a great chat playground, they simply needed to know about the brilliance of #flirts.

Atomic's takeover also proves how great #flirts is, he loves it so much, he HAD to have control of it.

evil I think I <3 you........HAY...WANNA MEET UP!?!?!?!?!?!11111111

SRSLY....WANNA MEET LOL?!?!?!?!111111111111

atomic: xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

ps. atomic: go and row your shitty little boat to the middle of nowhere and eat a dick...whiney cretin
nihil

Postby nihil » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:18 am

atomic,

I just hacked your password and I will then use it to take over your channel. I will wait until you are out sailing and then I will take the channel after consulting many people (zero). Once chanfix has been invoked I will whine on internet forums about an internal dispute to no avail.

nihil@rofl!!!
evil

Postby evil » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:16 am

Just a short post to correct some things that has been said in that channel. The last time TeamAimee and Sassey spammed was not 2 years ago as Sassey would like to tell everyone, it was on Saturday, October 27, 2007 at 7:31 a.m. Central time in North America.

<look ma, I posted a log!>

This was only the latest, it has been an ongoing problem with that channel. And I did not "lose" the channel, I gave it to other fair minded ops, I don't claim any channels now.

Oh and TeamAimee, I have already talked to people who have met you and all they could say was "when I left I couldn't run away fast enough".

Y'all have a nice day. :lol:
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:11 pm

when do the "yo mama" jokes start? seriously
In God we trust,
nihil

Postby nihil » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:40 pm

After I'm done "reorganizing" and settling an internal dispute I will paste logs to prove efnet hooliganism from other channels!!!