Admin Changes?

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

IRTechie

Admin Changes?

Postby IRTechie » Wed May 07, 2008 6:23 pm

How would you go about removing admins from a registered room?
I went into EfNEt (I am a regular on Undernet/Dalnet) and joined C# which is a standard room across most IRC networks.

I thought it was a normal room, however ended up being that this room needs to be wiped clean, the admins removed and possibly removed from the irc network completely.

There were admins telling racist jokes and then telling anyone that asked a question (even valid ones) to RTFM and then start swearing at them if they asked again, this room is for technical questions, but it had been hijacked by what seems to be high school student who really either don't know or don't care about development. Please feel free to go over the server logs. I didn't even bother asking a coding question.

I won't be back since the other networks seem to have a handle on this type of admin abuse, but I figured I would drop a line to anyone who actually cared.
munky
Site Admin

Re: Admin Changes?

Postby munky » Thu May 08, 2008 3:32 pm

channels are owned by whoever is opped. just because you think it should be a development help channel doesn't mean it is. it's entirely feasible for the ops of #all-kidney stones-all-the-time to say that it is there for c# help and not, as the name suggests, kidney stones, and vice versa.

most other networks (including undernet and i believe dalnet) are the same. there is no requirement that if you have a channel that seems like it should be a help channel that it has to be a help channel.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
Handle With Care

Re: Admin Changes?

Postby Handle With Care » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:33 pm

EFNet does not have Chanserv, Nickserv, or Memoserv; therefore you cannot register anything or leave messages/notes for anybody on EFNet. The only "administrators" on EFnet are server administrators. Most either actually own the server outright or are employed by the actual owners. Should one violate rules established for such situations, it is dealt with by the other administrators of servers making up EFnet. In any event, this has nothing to do with channel operators.
EFnet IRC Network Forum Moderator
IRC Operator (IRCOp) irc.Prison.NET
Sic transit gloria mundi.