Page 1 of 1

SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:02 pm
by jonesy
Hello,

Would it be possible to have a link on the main efnet.org page that has an up to date listing of SSL supported servers and the port information for each. As of now it looks as if there is maybe 4-5 servers, but the information is not easily obtainable.

Thanks in advance.

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:20 am
by dubkat
As SSL in ircd-ratbox is still beta code, this list will change as it becomes more stable, but for now... this is the list of SSL capabable servers, usually on port 9997:

[US] irc2.choopa.net
[US] irc.blessed.net
[EU] irc.efnet.ch
[EU] irc.pte.hu

happy chatting.

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 am
by ^duck^
irc.eversible.com port 9999 also provides SSL Support and was the first EFnet server to introduce SSL connections in early December 2007 via a gateway. We are still accepting SSL connections today. News was posted at ssl-test-t2131.html :)
dubkat wrote:As SSL in ircd-ratbox is still beta code, this list will change as it becomes more stable, but for now... this is the list of SSL capabable servers, usually on port 9997:

[US] irc2.choopa.net
[US] irc.blessed.net
[EU] irc.efnet.ch
[EU] irc.pte.hu

happy chatting.

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:57 pm
by dubkat
^duck^ wrote:irc.eversible.com port 9999 also provides SSL Support and was the first EFnet server to introduce SSL connections in early December 2007 via a gateway. We are still accepting SSL connections today. News was posted at ssl-test-t2131.html :)
yeah, i thought so... i tried to ask about those details, but there were no active opers on the server at the time! :p

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:50 pm
by munky
http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers has been modified to include an ssl flag if the server supports it.

most servers have the ssl port information in their motd (listed on the server info page), except for one (*cough*blessed*cough*)

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:40 pm
by Salvation
munky wrote: except for one (*cough*blessed*cough*)
Sorry.. fixed..

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:38 pm
by jonesy
munky wrote:http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers has been modified to include an ssl flag if the server supports it.
Thanks, that is what I was looking for and it is greatly appreciated.

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:54 pm
by vx0
irc.paraphysics.net is now supporting ssl on ports 1080 and 9999. Enjoy!

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:08 pm
by vx0
Make that 1080, 6697 and 9999 for SSL ports on irc.paraphysics.net.

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:31 am
by webdawg
http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers

but also

I am missing one or two servers. Some servers do not (Still) show the ssl ports in the motd.

<*status> +-----------------------+------+-----+------+
<*status> | Host | Port | SSL | Pass |
<*status> +-----------------------+------+-----+------+
<*status> | irc2.choopa.net* | 9999 | SSL | |
<*status> | irc.efnet.ch | 9999 | SSL | |
<*status> | efnet.eversible.com | 9999 | SSL | |
<*status> | irc.shoutcast.com | 8000 | SSL | |
<*status> | irc.paraphysics.net | 9999 | SSL | |
<*status> | irc.servercentral.net | 9999 | SSL | |
<*status> | irc.blessed.net | 7000 | SSL | |
<*status> | irc.choopa.ca | 7000 | SSL | |
<*status> | irc.choopa.net | 7000 | SSL | |
<*status> | irc.umich.edu | 9999 | SSL | |
<*status> +-----------------------+------+-----+------+

Re: SSL Supported Server List

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:26 am
by webdawg
psy addserver lines

addserver S=irc2.choopa.net :9999
addserver S=irc.efnet.ch :9999
addserver S=efnet.eversible.com :9999
addserver S=irc.shoutcast.com :8000
addserver S=irc.paraphysics.net :9999
addserver S=irc.servercentral.net :9999
addserver S=irc.blessed.net :7000
addserver S=irc.choopa.ca :7000
addserver S=irc.choopa.net :7000
addserver S=irc.umich.edu :9999