Hello i'm reezchay fr0m malaysia... new server EFnet...

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

reezchay

Hello i'm reezchay fr0m malaysia... new server EFnet...

Postby reezchay » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Hai..i'm reezchay fr0m malaysia... i wan't ask managment EFnet..why managment EFnet can add a new server for malaysian people means /server irc.efnet.my..... in malaysia over then 100,000 people online with mirc and EFnet can bit a DALnet in malaysia...all of malaysian people n0w online with DALnet... please reply me k... at my email
Kottalizer

Re: Hello i'm reezchay fr0m malaysia... new server EFnet...

Postby Kottalizer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Howdy, and welcome to EFnet!

EFnet is a network run by volunteers, people who put time, energy, resources and sometimes also money into getting a stable and happy network. There are many servers in both North America and Europe. The number of servers located in Asia is unfortunately relatively low in comparison. However, many Western servers permit connections from people all around the world -- including Malaysia.

If you really want a Malaysian server (there's nothing wrong with it!) I suggest you convince one of your country's ISPs to host one -- I doubt anyone of use could do it.

- Martin
[O] Only few of mere mortals may try to enter the twilight zone
[CHANFIX] Incorrect username or password.
Handle With Care

Re: Hello i'm reezchay fr0m malaysia... new server EFnet...

Postby Handle With Care » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:03 am

Had to delete your email address, as they are discouraged on public forums. In any event, anyone outside North America applying for an EFnet server link should use the following form: http://www.eu-efnet.com/new-server-guidelines-EU
EFnet IRC Network Forum Moderator
IRC Operator (IRCOp) irc.Prison.NET
Sic transit gloria mundi.