re-connecting with lost people (help)

Post everything else here

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Other/Off Topic Moderators

Wizzy

re-connecting with lost people (help)

Postby Wizzy » Sun May 04, 2008 5:54 pm

A few years back I used to use the mIRC service and chat in different channels where I talked to many different people in which some I got to know in person.
Somehow or another lost connection with all this people and I stop using mIrc. I just downloaded mIRC again and saw that the program completelly changed.

I connected to the efnet server and typed in the channels that I used to chat in and there is no one there exept me.
I want to know how do I know I connected to the right one since I remembered that back them if you didn't connect to the same efnet exact server that they were on you didn't got to the same channel even though it had the same channel name.

Also I remember a while back the Efnet web site had a section where users can post their information and their pictures. What happened to that section ?

Hear from you soon and thanks for your help in advance !
munky
Site Admin

Re: re-connecting with lost people (help)

Postby munky » Mon May 05, 2008 3:29 pm

assuming you are joining a standard #channel (as opposed to a local &channel), then the channel is network wide and you do not need to be on the same server as the people you are looking for.

if you don't have other means of contact (email, IM, etc), and the channels you used to frequent no longer exist, try other channels that you know they used to visit, or mutual aquaintances that may still be in contact. if this was "back in the day" (14+ years ago), maybe they are on undernet or ircnet.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.