forum .org or .info?

Ideas, suggestions, and constructive criticisms about EFnet's Websites

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Website/Ideas/Suggestions Moderators

Klimpong

forum .org or .info?

Postby Klimpong » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:41 pm

When I visit the forum with efnet.org it looks all nice and layout is cool, but when I hit the "post" button I get rerouted to efnet.info and it's phpBB style again.

Bug or feature?
lucy

Postby lucy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:40 pm

maybe you need to change your profile to the EMC or whatever one you want all the time?
biggy

Postby biggy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:36 am

i'm pretty sure the .org host points to the .info host and everything is hosted on .info. so its more a matter of which domain you set your options/cookies on. i'd suggest either just renaming your shortcut to hit the .info site or login to both, set same options and cookies should be fine from there on out.
Klimpong

Postby Klimpong » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:19 am

I like the .org design a lot more. Check it out. .info sucks compared to. ;)
Klimpong

Postby Klimpong » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:21 am

lucy wrote:maybe you need to change your profile to the EMC or whatever one you want all the time?
Aaaah! Got you now. ;)

Someone might want to fix the link from the website though, since the forum is configured to run on .info period.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:46 pm

the website link isn't for any domain in particular. it will load the module for whatever domain you visit the website under (.us, .org, or .info)
the problem comes with the forum sets the cookie for whatever you originally hit it as, but somewhere in the code, i think phpbb links to what its configured as (http://www.efnet.info), which will break your cookies.

when you say phpBB style, i assume you mean subSilver, the default phpBB theme? if you are getting a different theme for different domains, i would guess thats because you have a cookie set for that domain that says your theme was something different. try logging out, closing all IE windows, empty internet cache and delete the efnet.* cookies (or all cookies if you don't know how to delete specific cookies).
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
Kahr

Postby Kahr » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:50 am

Nice and simple: You can change the looks of the forums when logged in by simply choosing another theme in your Profile.
"Dammit! That's like the third time I've been owned!" - Hiei
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:16 pm

Kahr wrote:Nice and simple: You can change the looks of the forums when logged in by simply choosing another theme in your Profile.
try reading the entire thread next time before replying. his problem is a cookie issue, which causes him to be "logged out" when he gets sent to .info, for which his cookies were not set
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
seiki

Postby seiki » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:37 pm

seems one of you suave hackers created a rewrite rule to enforce the FQDN, and this cookie issue is no longer a problem.

kudos.

-douglas
Kahr

Postby Kahr » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:59 am

munky wrote:
Kahr wrote:Nice and simple: You can change the looks of the forums when logged in by simply choosing another theme in your Profile.
try reading the entire thread next time before replying. his problem is a cookie issue, which causes him to be "logged out" when he gets sent to .info, for which his cookies were not set
I apologize for that. I'll do better in the future. Sorry.
"Dammit! That's like the third time I've been owned!" - Hiei