Support Channel Ops who run legit chat chans in a real way

Ideas, suggestions, and constructive criticisms about EFnet's Websites

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Website/Ideas/Suggestions Moderators

CometBaby

Postby CometBaby » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:27 am

StarShadow: It's really a shame that the main political channel on EFnet is run by one side.
They also run the one on Undernet.
I'm sure they've tried to take over every #poltics channel on every major network.
#politics on Undernet is not owned by us. We are not associated with #politics or ANY OTHER channel on Undernet. We have no desire, or intention to take over any other channels, anywhere. EFnet is our home and has been for over a decade.

You have used this forum to make personal attacks on me .. and now you have come up with these hysterical accusations which can only demonstrate to others that you are neither wise nor reasonable. This blatently ridiculous and false claim should only embarass you.

CometBaby
You can twist perceptions .. reality won't budge!
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:17 pm

you know you can condense all those 4 down into 1 post...
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
CometBaby

Postby CometBaby » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:10 pm

StarShadow: It's really a shame that the main political channel on EFnet is run by one side.
We, as managers, have the right to agree on a certain policy for the channel. #politics is a channel which is intended for adults or reasonable mimics of adults. It is the purpose of the channel to encourage free discussion, not free speech. If you believe that your philosophy or ideology gives you the right to INSULT, be disruptive, or abusive .. then we will exercise OUR RIGHT not to allow it.

You are free to go start your own channel and set your own policies.
They also run the one on Undernet.
No, we are not associated with #politics on Undernet .. or any other channel on Undernet. I can't even imagine where you got this bizarre and hysterical allegation. My advice .. don't believe everything you THINK.
StarShadow: I'm sure they've tried to take over every #poltics channel on every major network.
More absurd accusations. This only demonstrates how completely unreasonable you are. We've been on EFnet many years, through the good times and the hard times. Why? Because we love it here. It is our home of choice.
StarShadow: If there needs to be any type of EFNet intervention, I think they should take over channels like #politics
Clearly YOU are the one who advocates taking over channels.

=========

I want to address your overall rant. First you USED this forum to post personal attacks on me. Then you moved on to make some pretty hysterical accusations that should only embarass you.

Overall I consider your comments to be dishonest and self-serving. Go ahead and continue to embarass yourself .. but I refuse to give you anymore of my attention because I would only be validating you by trying to seriously engage your babble.
You can twist perceptions .. reality won't budge!
Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:19 pm

OK, this is going nowhere good fast, so it's locked.

I will be the judge... and the jury.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net