Ideas, suggestions, and constructive criticisms about EFnet's Websites

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Website/Ideas/Suggestions Moderators

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:29 am

Everytime I join the forum I have to login. Is there something fuxored with that option?
Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:42 am

You have the "Log me on automatically each visit" box checked? I've had no problems... maybe you're not taking cookies?
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:48 am

Pills wrote:You have the "Log me on automatically each visit" box checked? I've had no problems... maybe you're not taking cookies?
Yep I have check that box everytime I login and cookies working fine. I have 10 boards I frequent and have no problems including the efnet.net board.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:55 am

Ok I cleared out all the cookies which dealt with the efnet sites and that seemed to have solved the issue. TY
qurve
Site Admin

Postby qurve » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:18 am

Your temp internet files folder probably reached it's maximum allowed space. Happens to me all the time.
EFNet Web Lackey, and IRCop
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:37 pm

there is also a known issue with using any of the many domains that are in use for this site:
ie - login once on efnet.org/forum
try to login on efnet.us/forum and you will have problems.

it is possible you logged in and checked the 'keep me logged in' from one domain, and every time you tried to login from an alternate domain afterwards, you had problems.

fixes are: go to the first domain you used and logout (or just close all browser windows if you don't use the 'keep me logged in' option), then reload the forum
or
delete all efnet.* cookies and reload the forum
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.