skateboard videos

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

svx_slayer19552

skateboard videos

Postby svx_slayer19552 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:40 am

hi i was just wondering i downloaded some skateboard videos off of kazaa and in the beginning and it says #skatevideos and then it says at efnet

i was wondering where i could get some more skate videos[/img]
biggy

Postby biggy » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:10 am

i suggest going to http://www.mirc.com and download the client, assuming you don't already have an IRC capable client. connect to an EFNet server, then "/join #skatevideos". the mirc help has alot of great details, and shows you how to setup the client if you need it.
nebula

Re: skateboard videos

Postby nebula » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:39 am

svx_slayer19552 wrote:hi i was just wondering i downloaded some skateboard videos off of kazaa and in the beginning and it says #skatevideos and then it says at efnet

Wrong place for the question!
O:ircd.lagged.org
Tibar

HEH

Postby Tibar » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:59 am

Can I connect to a server on EFNet and pirate software from anoying DCC bots that are in conflicting values of the rules of the server that they are connected to ? Oh and wasting server resources.

-Tibar- AIXIT/GATEL
Hardy
Site Admin

Re: HEH

Postby Hardy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:30 am

Tibar wrote:Can I connect to a server on EFNet and pirate software from anoying DCC bots that are in conflicting values of the rules of the server that they are connected to ? Oh and wasting server resources.

-Tibar- AIXIT/GATEL
It`s up to each and every admin how to deal with DCC sharing clients on their own server. Some kline on sight while others really dont mind it or doesnt think its a problem that they do it.

True, it is a waste of resources but not really a problem for the irc-server, but rather for the dumbass having a offer bot on his machine, voluntary or not.
-- Hardy
Administrator: irc.underworld.no
Services Administrator
http://www.efnet.org admin/staff
wundr

Re: skateboard videos

Postby wundr » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:31 am

svx_slayer19552 wrote:hi i was just wondering i downloaded some skateboard videos off of kazaa and in the beginning and it says #skatevideos and then it says at efnet

(a little late on replying to this, so i don't know if he'll even read it, but...)

You should probably find out more about IRC in general, first. Basically, IRC is online chatting. More help about IRC is available at http://www.irchelp.org .