New european client server - irc.pte.hu

EFnet IRC Network News

Moderator: Website/News Moderators

Hardy
Site Admin

New european client server - irc.pte.hu

Postby Hardy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:24 pm

A new client server named irc.pte.hu which is sponsored by the University of Pècs, Hungary have been granted a 60 day trial link to the european portion of EFnet. The server will be open iline and the administrators are Dalek and Bobik. ArielIL and Beige have been assigned from EU-EFnet to help mentor the server during its trial to make sure they get the proper integration to EFnet. Good luck :)
-- Hardy
Administrator: irc.underworld.no
Services Administrator
http://www.efnet.org admin/staff
0versight

Postby 0versight » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:21 pm

Congratulations.
IRC is how I deal with reality.
wundr

Re: New european client server - irc.pte.hu

Postby wundr » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:38 am

So... anyone have any idea when the server is actually going to link? I saw Bobik say last week that it was probably going to link on Monday, but that came and went a couple days ago.

Also, just out of curiousity, since it was granted a 60-day trial link, does that 60 days start the day the vote was passed (giving them less than 50 days left), or does it start when the server links?

Just wondering...
Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:52 pm

wundr wrote:So... anyone have any idea when the server is actually going to link? I saw Bobik say last week that it was probably going to link on Monday, but that came and went a couple days ago.

Also, just out of curiousity, since it was granted a 60-day trial link, does that 60 days start the day the vote was passed (giving them less than 50 days left), or does it start when the server links?

Just wondering...
Hi wundr.

yea, they were supposed to link in last monday, and im not sure why its not linked in yet, but im guessing its the last minute preparation to make sure everything is 100% when linking it.

And the 60 day trial link starts the same day the server first link in, not before and not later :)
-- Hardy
Services Administrator
wundr

Postby wundr » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:52 am

Hardy wrote: but im guessing its the last minute preparation to make sure everything is 100% when linking it.
Yeah, I, too, would rather have a server on the network a little late and 100% running smoothly rather than a borked server that links in earlier.
And the 60 day trial link starts the same day the server first link in, not before and not later :)
Ah, i see. Like I said, I was just curious as to how those procedures work, that's all.

Thanks for the answers!
Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:34 pm

And the trial started one hour ago :)
-- Hardy
Services Administrator
deww

Postby deww » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:59 am

Huhuhuhu! Welcome aboard. Let the fun commence.